Whether you have a few hours once a year or a few hours a week, you can make a difference… you can help transform a city one life at a time. Jericho is here to encourage, equip and empower you – your small group, your friends, and family – to love and serve our city’s most vulnerable people.
If you don't see anything that suits your gifts, tell us on the form (accessed below). We'll do our best to customize an opportunity for you.
Reading Buddy: Help a student (whose parents typically don’t speak English) attain or maintain grade-level reading skills
- Through CityServe at South Street Elementary School, 8:30 to 9:15 am, Mondays through Thursdays, as you're able.
- At S.A.Y. Yes! After-School Program, weekdays 3:00 to 5:30 pm, as you're able
CleanStart Team Leader: Supervise and work with our homeless neighbors who participate in this work-readiness program (part of CityServe)
- Through CityServe, Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, as you're able
Tutor: Join in our after-school program (or summer programs) to help students with their homework and engage in other activities
- Through Jericho Spring Street Neighborhood Center, 3:00 - 5:30 pm during school year, as you're able
- Through S.A.Y. Yes!, after school or during the summer, as you're able
ESL instructor (certified or non-certified): Teach adults to speak English
- At Spring Street Neighborhood Center, after school/evenings, as you're able
Childcare provider: Care for children whose parents are in ESL classes
- At Spring Street Neighborhood Center, hours vary
Extracurricular instructors: Provide activities, i.e. fitness, dance, art, music, etc., for our students
- At Spring Street Neighborhood Center, Monday-Friday, after school
- At The Academy, visit for special workshops in your area of expertise
Homeless Shelter attendant: Be a compassionate presence for those who use the shelter overnight or during the day
- At Good Samaritan Mission, day time, as you're able
Translator: Assist individuals who speak Spanish or Portuguese and help them navigate through their time at Jericho
- At Samaritan Health Center, weekdays except Thursday, as you're able
- Be available for other Jericho Ministry Partners as needed
Mentor: Come alongside a boy, girl, or man recovering from addiction in a longer-term relationship
- Through Pathways Danbury Boys' Mentoring (commitment is approximately 3-4 meetings/relationship-building outings every month throughout your mentee's middle and/or high school career)
- Through Naomi Girls' Mentoring (commitment is approximately 3-4 meetings/relationship-building outings every month throughout your mentee's middle and/or high school career)
- Through Good Samaritan Mission's Discipleship House (commitment varies)
Food Server: Demonstrate love to kids in our school or after-school program by serving food
- Through S.A.Y. After-school program, daily during the school year as you're able, and during the summer
- Through Spring Street Neighborhood Center, afters school, and/or during the summer
Jericho Front Desk Receptionist: Greet people in person and on the phone with the love of Christ and assist them as they first come to Jericho's offices at 13 Rose St.
- Mondays - Fridays, 8:30 am to 5:00 p.m., as you're able